- This event has passed.
Built Environment Climate Change Innovations Showcase
June 25, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
BECCI (Built Environment Climate Change Innovations) with the support of Climate-KIC is hosting an event promoting the leading technologies that will lead to energy reduction in existing homes. The most relevant technologies will be reviewed and ranked by some of the leading regional Housing Associations (representing 250,000+ houses) against the background of reducing fuel poverty, health and well-being as well as value for money. The technologies that show the most potential for mass housing, will be invited to exhibit and make a short presentation to all attendees, including other key West Midlands stakeholder organisations.
Programme of the day:
10:00: Exhibition opens
Attendees will be able to touch, feel and try the exhibits. They will be able to question the technology providers to gain an in depth understanding of the technology, its use and value.
12.15 – 13.00: Networking lunch
13.00 – 14.30: Showcase Presentation
The chosen technology providers will deliver a 10 minute presentation outlining how the technology might reduce energy usage, how it meets the wider aims of Housing Associations and the value delivered to tenants.
- Self-Learning and optimising control systems
- Technologies lowering the cost of EWI
- Energy generation and storage products
- Systems monitoring environmental health, air quality, humidity etc.
- Intelligent display systems that support behaviour change
- Smart coatings and super-efficient insulation systems
- Active window coatings and films for heat and light control
- Air tightness, heat recovery and air quality systems