- This event has passed.
Business Breakfast: Making money from protected knowledge: Intellectual Property could be your business’ most valuable asset
July 3, 2013 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
8:30am Registration, networking, tea/coffee & breakfast sandwiches/pastries
9:00am Welcome by Dr David Hardman MBE, CEO of Innovation Birmingham
9:05am IP presentation by Marks & Clerk
9:50am Q&A, followed by further tea/coffee
Many companies – including those in the areas of tech, cleantech and low carbon – do not give sufficient thought to protection of their intellectual property (IP), the very life-blood of the business. Without such protection, a company’s most prized assets are placed at risk and the intrinsic value of the business exposed.
In response to demand from our start-ups – as well as some more established SMEs – Innovation Birmingham is holding this event with market leaders Marks & Clerk to provide an insight into all things IP.
Key themes to be covered in the presentation are:
- What issues start-ups and SMEs must consider in relation to IP rights
- The commercial advantages to registering a trademark overseas
- Why and how to licence the use of your IP to another UK trading company
- What can be patented and how to go about it
- Tips on strategy, timing and other considerations for CEOs
- The perils and pitfalls of contract negotiation
- How to get your business in shape for a sale or investment
The presentation will be delivered by:
Alan Bhimani; Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney & European Design Attorney
John Ferdinand; Registered Trade Mark Attorney, European Trade Mark Attorney & European Design Attorney
Simon Portman; Commercial contract specialist for technology companies
This is a free event, with tickets allocated on a first come first served basis. Capacity is limited, so please register at your earliest convenience.
Location: Innovation Birmingham Campus, Faraday Wharf Conference facilities