- This event has passed.
Celebrate International Women’s Day in Birmingham – Enterprise Nation Regional Champion
March 8 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Enterprise Nation, in partnership with KPMG and IoD, invite you to celebrate wo
men’s success in the West Midlands. There will be a lively panel debate facilitated by Emma Jones, founder of Enterprise Nation, and newly appointed government business ambassador. The panel will consist of:
- Mary Matthews: Founder of Memrica, the health-tech company which has developed an app to aid people living with early dementia. Mary is a robust supporter of women in technology, previously led strategy for a UK videogames developer and was instrumental in founding the UK’s Serious Games Institute. Mary started her career as a broadcast journalist, reporting and presenting for BBC Radio and TV, Sky News and C4 News.
- Carrie Bates: Founder of the Little Coffee Bag Co Ltd. Participant in Dragons’ Den. Now supplies to Harrods,Harvey Nicolls, Virgin Trains, Easy Jet and Holiday Inn. Just opened offices in Dubai and South Africa
- Rosie Ginday: The former patisserie chef set up a social enterprise working with ex-offenders in 2011, self-financing her business with £500. She now supplies the likes of Virgin, John Lewis and Karl Lagerfeld. “Changing the world one macaroon at a time”. You will have an opportunity to taste one of her macaroons*
- Kelly Sotherton: Commonwealth Games gold and bronze medallist at the 2004 Olympics and Athletics World Championships
Find out what motivates these highly successful women and enjoy networking with like minded entrepreneurs and professionals. Light refreshments will be served!
- 5.30 -6pm Registration.
- 6pm-6.30pm Networking.
- 6.30-7.30pm Panel discussion led by Emma Jones, founder of Enterprise Nation.
- 7.30-8pm IoD Vote of thanks, business card draw and networking.
* Macaroon Tower sponsored by KPMG