- This event has passed.
Learn about North America’s second largest Digital Media/IT ecosystem
May 23, 2014 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Innovation Birmingham and the Ontario International Marketing Centre (High Commission of Canada) are hosting a free lunchtime event to enable Birmingham-based companies to find out about the tech sector and opportunities in Canada’s biggest province.
Ontario’s ICT industry, is the 2nd largest in the North America (after California) and includes more than 18,000 innovative companies that generate annual revenues of $85 billion+. The industry is recognised globally for its expertise in software and systems, wireless and telecommunications, mobile applications, microelectronics, photonics, digital media, bioinformatics, next generation e-devices, green IT and fintech.
With a population of 13 million people, the province generates approximately 40% of Canada’s GDP. With 180 million people within a day’s drive/1 hour flight and a free border with the US, Ontario is a perfect platform for entering the North American market.
This interactive session will cover the following points:
- How Ontario’s 100+ year integration into the US supply chain, and low costs, make it easy for UK companies to enter and do business in the entire North American market.
- The support for SMEs to get established in Ontario, including incubators, entrepreneur networks and tax credits, which can reduce an investment cost of $100 to $30.
- Reasons, success, lessons and guidance from a UK-based SME company, which has set up an office in Ontario.
- The unique, expedited Ontario work permit that can get your key people to Ontario in less than 3 weeks and makes them free to do business throughout North America.
- One-on-one meetings with an experienced team of UK-based corporate location advisors.