- This event has passed.
Open Future_ Midlands, powered by Wayra, launch
October 12, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Innovation Birmingham invites you to a Serendip Smart City Incubator event announcing its latest partner: Open Future_ Midlands, powered by Wayra.
The launch event will give you the opportunity to visit the Serendip incubator space, hear from Gary Stewart, Director of Wayra UK and Telefónica OpenFuture_ UK including details of the support available via the Wayra team and connections as well as how to respond to the #WayraCall and apply.
5:30pm – 6:00pm: Registration and networking
6:00pm – 6:20pm: Gary Stewart, Director of Wayra UK and Telefónica OpenFuture_ UK
Welcome to our new Birmingham home, the Wayra mission and values. Gary will speak on the support and expertise start-ups will be able to secure.
7:05pm – 7:15pm: Cliff Dennett, Head of Business Development, Innovation Birmingham Campus
Innovation Birmingham partners with Wayra UK to deliver new Serendip Smart City Incubator quarter – why start-ups in an incubator environment are far more likly to succeed than those who go it alone.
7:20 – 7:30pm: Hear from Wayra start-ups and partners
7:30pm – 9:00pm: Drinks and networking – a chance to see the start-up and co-working facilities first hand
How to get involved:
The #WayraCall is a cross-industry call for start-ups developing innovative digital products, services and technologies that help shape the digital society in which we live.
In support of high growth businesses and their founders across the Midlands, Wayra is proud to officially launch its brand new Midlands base as part of the Serendip® Smart City Incubator at iCentrum.Open Future_ Midlands, powered by Wayra at Serendip will provide both the physical space and expertise to allow early stage and established entrepreneurs to really flourish. The facility will incorporate unique co-working spaces to include:
- Co-working space: Free for the first six months
- Networking: Over 180 annual events to mingle with industry influencers
- Mentoring: 1-2-1 business advice from our experienced Serendip commercial partners
- Market insight: Access to our commercial partners impressive databases of market influencers. Clients and collaborators.
- Workshops: Specific start-up and innovation focussed sessions
- Meeting room and event space facilities to support project launches and pitches
- Connectivity with 30Gb/sec internet and super-fast Wi-fi connectivity
There really isn’t anything else quite like this in the city centre. This new partnership will present entrepreneurs with a unique opportunity to commercialise their ideas and concepts.