- This event has passed.
Silicon Canal Launch Event
May 25 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We are pleased to invite you to Silicon Canal’s Greater Birmingham Tech & Digital ecosystem whitepaper launch event.
Over the last 6-months a group of tech people have been analysing our ecosystem and assessing what are the weaknesses, strengths and what we need to do to make it into a world class tech ecosystem. This has been pulled together in the form of a whitepaper.
We thought what better way to share our findings than by getting together everyone for a drink, some food, and some great speakers.
We are hosting this not to be missed event at Innovation Birmingham’s new iCentrum building. We have already confirmed the following speakers:
- Brad Feld (yes of TechStars & Foundry Group fame – via video)
- Dave Maclean (yes of Packt Publishing fame – in person)
- Doug Scott (yes of Potential (Founder), ASAP Compare (Founder) and 30m(Founder) – in person)
- Alex Major (yes of ASAP Compare (CEO) and Potential.co.uk (CTO) fame – in person)
- Nick Holzherr (yes of Whisk.com fame – in person)
- David Hardman (yes of Innovation Birmingham fame – in person)
Reasons to attend:
- You will get fed & watered
- You will find out interesting facts and figures about the local tech ecosystem
- You will get to hear from interesting speakers
- You will meet lots of tech people you didn’t know existed or were based in Greater Birmingham. We have the net thrown wide and found people who don’t surface often.
The event is free of charge and refreshments will be provided.
What is Silicon Canal?
Silicon Canal is a community interest company with a mission to create a world class digital technology eco-system across Greater Birmingham. Silicon Canal is Connecting, Promoting and Supporting tech and digital businesses from freelancers and startups through to multinationals. Together, we can make Greater Birmingham a beacon for tech and digital companies.
How to get involved?
If you work for a tech company then you should add them to the database onwww.siliconcanal.co.uk . Our aim is to identify all the amazing tech companies we have then promote them, if we know about you we can promote you.
If you want to volunteer your time to help us create a tech ecosystem we can all be proud of then sign up as an ambassador here http://siliconcanal.co.uk/about/ambassadors/