- This event has passed.
The Innovation Birmingham Campus explained & grants for local companies
July 26, 2013 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Innovation Birmingham Campus
Birmingham Science Park Aston
Birmingham B7 4BB
8:00am Registration, networking, tea/coffee & breakfast sandwiches/pastries
8:30am Presentation on ‘the Innovation Birmingham Campus explained’ by Dr David Hardman MBE, CEO of Innovation Birmingham
8:55am Presentation on ‘how local SMEs can access grant funding’ by Suresh Patel, Business Enterprise Manager, Birmingham City Council
9:20am Q&A, followed by further tea/coffee
Birmingham Science Park Aston’s Innovation Birmingham Campus was launched on 1st May 2013 in order to drive and expand the city’s burgeoning tech start-up community. Dr David Hardman MBE, CEO of Innovation Birmingham will deliver a presentation on the Campus’ vision, covering:
- An update on the £35m Digital Plaza development plans
- How the growth of the tech sector is intrinsically aligned with Birmingham’s Smart City aspirations.
- The opportunities derived by Birmingham’s scale and skills base
- Why tech companies should actively relocating to Birmingham
The second part of this event will focus on three initiatives that can provide grant funding to local SMEs, which are; the Start-up Loans scheme, the Business Development Programme, and Greater Birmingham & Solihull LEP’s Green Bridge Supply Chain Programme. Suresh Patel, Business Enterprise Manager at Birmingham City Council will deliver a presentation covering:
- Which companies are eligible for each funding programme
- The types of projects and outcomes that each programme is seeking to support
- How to submit a grant application
- Timings and key contacts
This is a free event, with tickets allocated on a first come first served basis. Capacity is limited, so please register at your earliest convenience.