- This event has passed.
UKTI: Export Down Under
June 17, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Over 1000 UK companies do business with Australia every year. With strong connections into the growing Asia region and longstanding business and cultural ties – there’s never been a better time to do business in Australia.
Did you know?
• Australia ranks in the UK’s Top 20 Export Markets for goods, on a level with India, UAE & Russia, approximately £5bn in 2012 (source HMRC 2012)
• Australia has enjoyed 21 consecutive years of growth and is the only nation to rank in the top five of the world’s most resilient economies since 2008.
• Australia’s GDP growth is expected to outperform that of every other major advanced economy over the five year period to 2017.
• Strategically located in the fast-growing Asia-Pacific region Australia’s strong economic growth, highly skilled workforce and proven track record in world-class innovation adds up to an ideal market when considering international expansion.
Why you should attend
• Hear why Australia is a great place to do business.
• Gain information on the Australian market across a number of sectors.
• Find out about the help and assistance available from UK Trade & Investment, as well as Australian State Governments.
• Benefit from an invaluable networking opportunity with like-minded business people.
• Find out about UKTI Trade Missions to Australia in 2013.
• Scott Strain – UKTI Trade Director for Australasia – overview of Australia’s economy and business environment as well business opportunities in New South Wales (via Webcam)
• Australian State Governments – business opportunities in Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia & Victoria
• Case Studies – hear from British firms successfully doing business in Australia
Who should attend?
Business opportunities in Australia are vast and cross multiple sectors. UK businesses supplying the following sectors have been identified by UKTI as having particular relevance to the Australian market:
Business, Consumer & Financial services; Education and training; Science and innovation; Environmental technologies; Mining and minerals; ICT & Digital Media; Biotechnology; Energy; Agribusiness; Oil and gas; E-commerce & Retail; Aerospace, Defence & Security
Limited places – register now
To register, email email@example.com
or call 0121 607 1845
Please note: Only a limited number of places will be made available to non-exporting service providers on a first-come-first served basis.
Innovation Birmingham Campus, Faraday Wharf Conference facilities