Aston University has awarded Visiting Industrial Fellowships to 18 Alumni of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Programme, in recognition of the contribution they have made across the university to the understanding, experience and awareness of business growth and entrepreneurship. Two of the Fellowships have been awarded to tech entrepreneurs based at the Innovation Birmingham Campus; Mike Brooman of Vanti and Guy McEvoy of GuyKat.
This is the second time that members of the 10,000 Small Businesses programme alumni have been recognised in this way, with 31 business owners now holding this title. The selected business owners – who will be Fellows for a two year period – come from a variety of business sectors.
Through their engagement, they have supported Aston University, its students, research and staff in a range of activities such as KEEN and KTP projects, engagement through the SERV programme, social impact projects with MBA students, involvement in policy development and lobbying through the university, recruiting students and graduates to their businesses, and by acting as case studies in taught modules.
The new Visiting Industrial Fellows were awarded their title at a dinner event held at Opus Restaurant in Birmingham on 3rd June, 2015, attended by Professor Mark Hart, Professor of Small Business and Entrepreneurship and Programme Director of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Midlands programme and Professor George Feiger, Executive Dean, Aston Business School.
Professor George Feiger said: “I am delighted that another 18 of the 10,000 Small Businesses programme alumni have been awarded Visiting Industrial Fellowships. These entrepreneurial business leaders are making a great contribution to the work of Aston Business School and in fostering relationships between the small business community and Aston University”.
The eighteen Visiting Industrial Fellows are:
- Alec Anderson, Koolmill Systems, Solihull (koolmill.com)
- Mike Brooman, Vanti, Innovation Birmingham Campus (vanti.co.uk)
- Sarah Crawley, i-SE, Birmingham (i-se.co.uk)
- Kevin Davis, The Vine Trust, Walsall (thevinetrust.co.uk)
- Ruth Devine, SJD Electrical, Milton Keynes (sjd-electrical.co.uk)
- Russell Fraser, Goodflo, Kenilworth (goodflo.com)
- Jim Griffin, Automotive Insulations, Rugby (autins.co.uk)
- Greg McDonald, Goodfish Limited, Cannock (goodfishltd.com)
- Guy McEvoy, Guykat Solutions Ltd, Innovation Birmingham Campus (guykat.com)
- Sean Nicholson, Sign Solutions, Alvechurch (signsolutions.uk.com)
- Gary Parkinson, W.E.T. Services Ltd, Tamworth (wet-services.com)
- Damini Sharma, OM Safety Solutions Ltd, Coventry (www.omsafetysolutions.com)
- Jane Shepherd, Shepherd PR, Ashbourne (www.shepherd-pr.com)
- Will Shepherd, Cohesion Recruitment, Solihull (cohesionrecruitment.com)
- Richard Toy, Auctus Management Group, Birmingham (auctusmg.co.uk)
- Simon Wheeler, Canonbury Products Limited, Brackley, Northamptonshire (canonbury.com)
- Adam Whitehouse, TMT First Limited, Stoke-on-Trent (tmtfirst.co.uk)
- Gareth Williams, Caplor Energy Ltd, Hereford (www.caplor.co.uk)