Innovate UK’s IC tomorrow programme has launched a competition that will award six small businesses up to £30,000 each to encourage development in the ‘peer-to-peer revolution’.
The competition aims to find novel solutions across six different challenge areas including trust, travel, construction, DIY, innovation and data analytics:
- Trust in the sharing economy with Sharing Economy UK seeks to remove an obstacle that prevents services being more widely adopted.
- Next-generation tourism and travel in the sharing economy with Airbnb is looking for more exciting and authentic tourism experiences.
- New sectors for the sharing economy with Nesta aims to bring sharing economy principles into new areas and sectors.
- Sharing innovation in home improvement with Kingfisher seeks new ideas to add value to customer home-improving experience.
- Sustainable construction with Crossrail aims to reduce waste and make the construction industry more efficient and sustainable.
- Data and analytics for sharing economy cities with Peterborough City Council and Cranfield University is looking to identify existing and new sharing opportunities at the local level.
Each of the winning companies will receive funding, develop prototypes in partnership with their major brand and receive mentoring and promotion opportunities – plus the chance to work on pre-commercial trials, while retaining 100% of their IP.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 12th April at 12pm. For more information or to apply, please visit: https://connect.innovateuk.org/web/sharing-economy-innovation-contest